Monday, October 1, 2012

Orphaned No More............




Iza was running a bit of a temperature (read major whining) today so we stayed home from school. Iza has loved the Movie, Despicable Me, since we saw it last summer. When we went to Universal Studios we HAD to stand in line for the Despicable Me ride.  Today, Iza found the dvd case for the movie.  She was asking me questions about the girls names in the movie.  As I was calling the girls names she said, "what were they?"  "An orphan", I replied. "Yes, like me before I had anyone."  OMG!  We have talked about adoption but I have never mentioned anything about being an orphan.  I was given her referral at 3 days old.  Yes, I replied, before you had Mommy, Brother, Papaw, Penny,...........

It instantly made me sad.  Sad that she understands.  Sad that she will/does feel rejection.  Sad because I have felt the same emotions and I somehow do not know how to help ease the pain. I ask for kisses.  She gave abundantly. She constantly amazes me.  How, I LOVE my girl. 






2 comments:

Gardenia said...

what a beautiful insightful daughter you have. God bless her heart and yours !!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

:::tears:::

Their beginnings are so sad...but look how amazing the rest of their lives will be. Praise God...our babies are orphaned no more!!!

Your Iza is such a beautiful little one. May the love she holds in her heart always trump how her life began.

God bless the broken roads....

Love to you and Iza!
Robin